Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What's High On Your List

I'm standing in the front of the classroom on this one, raising my hand high, my top ten list use to have Jesus at the bottom. Of course, I didn't realize that--because in my own mind I felt like I had Him at the top of the list. One of my complaints was--I never really have enough of time to incorporate any Bible Study in my time through out the week, or prayer time for that matter. I'd say "Lord, if only I had enough hours in the day to do all the things that I needed to do." Folks can I be honest here. Truth: We all have enough time in the day to devout ourselves to stopping and putting God first in every aspect of our lives. We have enough hours in a day, we have enough time even in our most hectic and chaotic days--it's all a matter of making choices, and wisely doing so. Simply giving God Sunday, and Wednesday Bible Study is not having a relationship with Him at all. Can you truly learn and have a relationship with anyone while devoting 1-2 days a week (if that) to building that relationship? The problem that many followers of Christ have is truly assessing our priorities and being honest with ourselves. Putting God at the bottom of the list puts everything else ahead of Him and that leaves us vulnerable. Then that's when we wonder "God where are you?" Hear me when I say this people--THERE IS A STORM COMING AND ONLY THOSE WHO ARE PREPARED WILL ENDURE IT! The only way to prepare is to study and immerse ourselves in His word and Prayer. Have you checked your list lately?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo true! We had a bible study two weeks ago on this very subject - Making time for God. I will speak from a personal point of view, I am a busy, busy very busy person. You should know Sister - I have four children, and a husband and a dog and I am in school pursuing double degrees; making time for God is a priority for me because I realize that satan is going to and fro seeking whom he may devour. I desire to be closer to God to keep satan at bay. Our extracurricular activities are secondary, we are to seek God's kingdom first in all that we do. Thank you for another timely message!

Evette said...

You sound just like me. Mother of four, wife to a wonderful husband. Finished up my 2yr degree,(double degrees) now going to finish to my 4yr degree, after getting my certification for the job that I do. Life does move at break neck speed.Thank you for all your encouraging words, means a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

Wow Sister Evette, I had no idea how parallel our lives really were! It's like we are the same person in different cities LOL! Yes I share your struggle, but I know that God has placed us both on this path for a purpose. As such, He will relieve the burden and make things easier for us. "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not (Gal. 6:9)". Encouragement works both ways: thank you so much my Sister!

Evette said...

Thank yo Salvino for stopping by my blog and commenting. I enjoy meeting other brothers and sisters in Christ through-out the world.