Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can You Spot The Differences?

Who doesn't like a good puzzle every now and then. I don't fancy myself a great mind in such things. However, I do enjoy the occasional logic puzzle, which requires more concentration than your typical "spot the difference pictures". As a child I loved those games you'd find in the back of a kid's magazine, or on the back of your cereal box. Even now that I'm an adult, I do enjoy the comparative picture puzzles. One thing is for sure--not all comparative pictures are alike. Some are easier, while others require you to take each object in the picture and break it down in sections. The differences can be slight to very obvious----just like the church. These days its getting harder and harder to actually find an institutional church that is centered on God and not man.

Galatians 1:6-10 "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and turning to a different gospel--not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed. For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ."

As you see, there is nothing knew about man...me..centered doctrines. The world will do what its always done --the problem comes ---when the world infiltrates the church,and the church starts taking on the identity of the world & looking more and more like the world and less like Christ, having the appearance of godliness but denying its power. Friendship with the world is enmity against God. My grandmother has a saying: "Honey, not everyone is a child of God." Words of wisdom that I've learned---some the hard way---but learned them. The only way to spot a fake is to compare it to the real thing. Never take what someone says as fact, search it and find out. There's a high price to pay in the end for compromising--I'm not sure many realize how high the price is----it's your soul!

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of God; for many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit which confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit which does not confess Jesus is not of God. This is the spirit of antichrist, of which you heard that it was coming, and now it is in the world already. 4 Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 Cor. 13:1 my sister! Let me tell you that not only are our posts from today similar, but you are all up IN my husband's preached message from today in service. *Whew*. That is what I love about God, He always sends confirmation of his Word. Stay in touch, keep your head up and continue allowing the Lord to use you. Wonderful post!

Evette said...

I just love it when God does that! I'm always amazed how He moves. Thank you so much for encouraging me sister!