Thursday, September 10, 2009

Diva

My mornings are fairly routine. Alarm goes off. Hit snooze. Alarm goes off again. Hit snooze. Final alarm goes off, and I finally drag myself out of the bed. Now its time to awaken my lovely children and ready them for school. This usually turns out to be a bit chaotic; coaxing sleepy children out of bed, and making a mad dash to make sure everyone has brushed their teeth, and properly combed their hair. And not to mention, are properly dressed. Our bus driver is prompt. He is so prompt that he has a tendency to be as much as 5 minutes early. So making sure everyone is ready by the designated time is crucial. In order to do so I always, well 98% of the time, make sure clothes are prepared the night before.

By properly preparing myself for the following day, it allows me to kinda take it easy after my children board the bus to school. I take my time. I'm usually not in any big hurry. And the reason I take my time-----I've prepared myself the night before. However, things didn't go as smoothly as they normally do for me in the morning. Here is how my morning unfolded today.

Me: Honey, have you seen my head band? ( Of course I've already been searching for 10 min)

Richard: No babe, I'm sorry.

Me: Grunting in frustration.. ughhhhhhhhhhh

Richard: Did you check the closet?

Me: Yep (still more frustration)

Me: Rich, did you happen to throw it away while you cleaned the office last night, you know you do that sometimes (more frustration)

Richard: I'm sure. Don't worry it'll turn up.

Me: I've got one, but it doesn't match my outfit. But I have no choice. It's down to the wire and we are running out of time.

At this point panic sets in for me. I've gotta find this headband before I go to work. After all, I have to look good, which requires me to coordinate my outfit. Thus begins my frantic prayers about a headband.

Me: Lord, please hear me. I really need to find my black headband. I can't go to work without it. (I'll explain later). If you would please help me I'd really appreciate it.

And nothing happened. The headband didn't show up out of nowhere. It wasn't like magic and appear right before my eyes. Now by this time, I'm really heated, upset, mad (pick your word) and here came the "Lord you just don't care about me" spill. It was then that I remembered I did have a headband, but not the one that I was looking for. Nope this one, in my eyes didn't go with my pink pin striped pants suit, nope this one was arrayed with leaves, and circles and was brown.

Me: You've gotta be kidding me. Can't I get a break. Why does this always happen to me. Lord you just don't like me.

Alas, I was defeated. I'd have to walk into the Hospital wearing this perfectly coordinated suite, with this less than coordinating headband. As women its important to have an outfit that works. We all know this. Nobody wants to show up anywhere looking a hot mess...so to speak.

Richard: Honey you look great.

Me: Except for this headband.

Now God has a way of revealing things to me in scenario's such as this one. And He sure didn't disappoint.

God: Why are you fretting over a headband. And you turn me aside because I won't be your genie and magically make your headband appear. Next time I suggest you putting them where you can find them so that this problem can be avoided. Not to mention, I've got more serious prayers to tend to. If you didn't know people are being persecuted, tortured, killed, for professing Christ and here you are professing I don't care about you because of a headband! There are more pressing issues this morning. Get your priorities in order and stop being a self-centered diva.

Me: silence...........

"God forgive me for being a drama queen. It's all about you and not about me. I will seek first your Kingdom, your ways, and not my own. Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, but follows hard after you!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, Vette...great blog !!! You are a great writer girl...and you are so right..it's not about us at all..it is all about God..As I go through my routine of life I tend to forget about that and I do become somewhat of a drama queen (lol)...but since knowing you, and just hearing your calm demeanor..you really have touched me and reading this has really inspired me to try to be a better woman, mother, wife...everything...better Christian for sure !!! I love you girl...***hugs*** and God bless you and your family :)

Anonymous said...

OMG, E! I didn't even know you had a blog...I'm on graveyards starting tomorrow night, so I'll add you to my sidebar...send me your email address..and ill add you to my blog..is private for (X-wife) reasons, not mine, dons! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

I actually got to read this tonight!...Glad he spoke...WOW! and BTW I so hate headbands...I think they make women look so 3 yrs old! hahahaha!!!!! J/K I wear them often too!

Evette said...

I wear them cause I have to. I'm thinning, and its just great to brush my hair back and slap one on. Don't have to worry about anything else. Its fully because I felt like a veggie tale, but instead of singing "Oh were is my hair brush" it was "Oh were is my headband"

Anonymous said...

hahaha...Well you know my hair is simple the same as it was in 1997..but I recently had layers cut into it, and I wanted more "choppy"layers, so I decided to do it myself..which turned out good..except I cut some too short, and now their in my eyes..so hence my headbands...I usually end up wearing my sunglasses has headbands more than actual glasses! hahaha!

Amy Gudger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Gudger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Gudger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Gudger said...

i love you sister

Amy Gudger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Gudger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.