Sunday, September 26, 2010

Moving Forward

It's been a while since my last blog post. Truth is life has moved at such lightning speed I've not really had the time, or for that matter, the required energy. But here I am finally putting pen to paper..well fingers to the keyboard. After my last post I received some great encouraging, uplifting words from many of you. And then there are those who believe that we've completely abandoned "the church" when in reality we've just left a building. To say that its been quite the journey is an understatement. Some have called us bitter and nicely stated they'd be praying for us. I was even de-twittered by one individual. As of late I've noticed that individuals I once called friend no longer see me as one. Though they've not de-friended or de-twittered me, silence says it all. There are no invites to hang at anyone's home, or just hang out anymore, though we do get the occasional "we miss you". At times I feel like a leper cast out from among the sheep. However, I harbor no ill will or wish anyone harm. There before me lies an open road, and the Lord is leading and I will follow where ever he leads me. Currently I'm stripping away a lot of junk. Junk that I never thought of as junk. But as I devote myself to doing things his way and allowing Jesus to lead, I'm loosing myself---the old self. No longer spectator but participant.

6 comments:

David Busick said...

Good for you. There seems to be a lot of people out there to point the finger, judge, and automatically condemn someone to hell, and they still can wake up everyday and call themselves a christian. I myself am no saint and will never claim to be one, but they seem to forget to let God be the one to do the judging.

Evette said...

Thank you Bobby! It's been interesting to say
The least.

Adam Bogle said...

Been there Evette. I was just thinking in the car on the way back home yesterday of how some of the more loyal persons in my life dont even go to a church. I believe God is showing me some things that are true in life that I would have otherwise never allowed myself the opportunity to learn.
God Bless you and Rich.

Evette said...

Adam, that's how I'm feeling right now. I beleive that everything that has happened God has a purpose. Now,more than ever I can see that. I'm not sure if you've heard of Frank Viola, but Richard just bought 3 of his books. I'm currently reading Pagan Christianity. Man is it eye opening. It tells and shows you, with historical evidence just how far the church has gone from what it started, and how far out of line we are now.

kristina said...

Understood completely. Felt judged a lot in life before. Life has seasons of deep friendship for me and sometimes seasons of a more facebook friendship...don't understand it, but have recently gone through that in the past 5 years of life. Don't you think it is rough when friendship isn't truly desired by the other party-when it seemed so to begin with? Thankful for the best friend any of us could ever have aren't you? Something a mentor reminded me of is to put forth the effort, but to be at peace if the love and friendship isn't recipricated in the same degree. So i guess with all my friends, i'm one of those "we miss you" people often b/c i'm not gonna push a friendship on someone who doesn't want to invest as much---or someone who is living life at such a fast pace that i feel guilty for asking them to break and hang out for a while. So at times there are attempts to contact via email, a call or text or something every now and then just to test waters and see where the friendship stands. I figure all one can do is share they care in the best way for that season and hope for the best. on a side note to that i'm learning that God gives and takes away for a purpose...i have been so dependent on other people at times or so caught up in "church" and friendships that i neglect my need of His friendship, ever been there? Talk about rough...cause then He allows things to happen to get my attention to bring me back to Him.
Keep clinging to Him lady! I love you guys and wish at times i were in a different season to where we could all hang more than we get to these days. So thankful He crossed/joined our paths when He did, if even for a season...remember speak names and words over you and your family that He says you are, this thinking of what some may think of you doesn't matter...their opinion just doesn't matter, you are His princess warrior...

Evette said...

Princess warrior. I love that one. And we are going to get with you guys. I tell Rich all the time how I miss just hanging with you guys. Heck, we've not seen the new house yet either.