Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just One Of Those Days

I wrote this blog post 3 years ago. It is still fitting to this day. Enjoy!

The Proverbs 31 woman evades me. She is a ghost eluding capture within the pages of God's word on some days.

"She seeks wool, and flax and works willingly with her hands."

I seek peace and quiet when I get home from work and look forward to bed time.

"She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong."

I dress myself in modern day mu mu's for comfort, all while apologizing to my husband.

"She opens her mouth with wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."

I scream, holler, and threaten exile to their bedroom for the remainder of the evening.

"Her children rise up and call her blessed."

My children rise up and call me mean mommy.

Maybe I'll be whisked away in a supernatural (God ordained) tornado to a land flowing with free facials, massages, and 100% cotton robes complete with fuzzy slippers. And when its time to return home I'll click my heels together 3 times while repeating, "there's no place like home."

This is what I've become ( I state to myself in frustration)----a haggard wife & mother who spends her days taming her children with a sharp tongue, washing laundry at every minute and trying to answer the question why boys can't aim and hit the toilet (that includes grown men). All this while trying to keep the little sanity I have left and convincingly trying to hide my need for Prozac and xanax.

At the end of the day, when the children are in bed (2 hours past their bedtime) and I'm finally left alone for a moment of peace I can't imagine my life being anything else. God never said the Proverbs 31 woman had it easy. He never said she wasn't like me and had 'one of those days", but He did say "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come." And I'm laughing all the way to my knees in prayer!

4 comments:

kristina said...

Love you and so does HE...Glad you are back, have missed you on here. Love your candid open life, reminds me of all every lady has in common, the desire to please her Lord while knowing we all have one of those days from time to time...maybe often. ;-)

Evette said...

Can you believe it took me almost a full year to get back to the blogging thing. I sure have missed it. BTW, I tried going to your blog on word press, but I could never get on. Email me your link.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Three years ago or now, that Proverbs 31 woman is an elusive one for me. God knows I try, but always seem to fall a little short. I am teetering on the Psalms 1:1-3; still the tree! ;-) This is a great blog and should be re-posted periodically as a reminder to all of us women...that we should strive to be!

Evette said...

I'll have to make sure to post this at least once a year sister. LOL