Thursday, September 18, 2008

Breaking the Piggy Bank

If I had a piggy bank I can assure you that it would be broken into a thousand tiny pieces right now. More than ever, we are all feeling the crunch. Between the loss of jobs, price of gas going up, and food prices rising, life is definitely getting harder and harder. Bills will always be there and the grind of living becomes more and more. I'm feeling the pressure...reaching the boiling point. How much longer will these conditions last? Hopefully after starting my new job, next Monday, a lot of the pressure will ease off and melt away. One thing that all of this has taught me is that dark days will come, they will hover, and we will stress, but its not the end. Through it all we gather strength. We will push our way through the thorny bushes. We will learn to lean more and more on God than on our own. Sometimes it takes a jolt to wake us up.

2 comments:

Don said...

If I had a piggy bank, best believe it would have been broken into pieces.

In other words, I feel you.

kristina said...

Had a bank, wasn't a piggy bank, an older water or milk jar. Broke a long time ago.
It is amazing though (i know-here Kristina goes with the silver lining...) we have never ever gone without-some have gone w/out and it breaks my heart to think of folks who have had to go with out...now we didn't have name brand everything and you catch my drift, but we have always had food, clothing, a place to stay
You will receive very soon, i know it!