Sunday, October 14, 2007

Beauty in the Desert

I often think of the children of Israel when they found themselves walking in the wilderness for 40 years. What should have only taken maybe a few days or a week took them 40 years to get through. What was it that caused them to close their eyes to God? What was it that drove them to do the things they done? Why did they not trust?

As I ask these questions I am brought to my own realization that I've done exactly the same thing. Through my own blindness, veiled eyes, and just being plain hard-headed I some how lost my sight.

Do we chalk it all up to human nature? Or do we see the sinful condition of our own heart in the process of going through the deserts and valleys in life. Traveling through the desert is different for all of us. But while traveling do we ever stop and see the beauty in the desert? Yes, there is beauty in the wilderness. And I fail to see it at times and stages in my life. The Israelites missed out on so much. Through their trials and errors we see ourselves, our own condition of our hearts.

Isaiah 44:20 states "He feeds on ashes, a deluded heart misleads him; he cannot save himself, or say, "Is not this thing in my right hand a lie?" WOW! No wonder we are continually finding ourselves in the wilderness being purged of a deluded heart that leads us straight into ______ (name your vice.) There is beauty in the desert, its not hidden, we've just blinded ourselves but thank God that He chastises those who are His.

Psalm 19:13 :Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression." May I add.....BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY

No comments: